Nov. 06, 2022
THE WORLD INTO WHICH JESUS WAS BORN - My Refuge
- A Political and Religious Group who RESISTED the Herodian Dynasty and Sought Jewish Independence.
- One of Jesus’ disciples is called Simon the Zealot (Luke 6:15).
- This Group is Best Known for their Violent Revolt against Rome, which Led to the Roman Destruction of the Temple. (67–70 A.D.)
- The Zealots made their Last Stand at Herod’s fortress of Masada.
1 Samuel 24:22 So David gave his oath to Saul. Then Saul returned home, but David and his men went up to the stronghold.
- The Wall at Masada was finally Breeched on April 16th, 73 A.D.
- MATTATHIAS Revolted and it Lead to God Performing the MIRACLE of Lights (Hannukah).
- ELEAZAR Gave Up, Didn’t Trust God for a Last Minute Miracle, and it Lead to DEATH.
Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. (The Passion Translation- I look up to the mountains and hills, longing for God’s help. But then I realize that our true help and protection is only from the Lord)
Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
Psalm 18:2-3 The Lord is my rock (or Cliff), my fortress (Masada) and my deliverer; my God is my rock (Different word: Large Rock or Wall of Rock), in whom I take refuge… my stronghold (a place naturally fortified or fortified by man: a high hill). I called to the Lord…and I have been saved from my enemies.
Psalm 31:2-3 be my rock of refuge (Wall of Rock), a strong fortress (Masada) to save me. (“Strong” = Noun – 2 Nouns together… Meaning Palace, a dwelling house for a whole clan.) 3 Since you are my rock (or Cliff) and my fortress, (Masada) for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Psalm 71:3 Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go… you are my rock and my fortress. (Masada)
Psalm 91:2 “He is my refuge and my fortress, (Masada) my God, in whom I trust.”
Psalm 144:2 "He is my loving God and my fortress, (Masada) my stronghold and my deliverer."
2 Samuel 22:2 “The Lord is my rock, my fortress (Masada) and my deliverer;"
1 Samuel 17:45 "David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty."
And when you MAKE GOD your GO-TO, when your Back’s against the Wall…
Psalm 121:3-8 "He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber… The Lord watches over you… The Lord will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."