Mentorship, Discipleship, Evangelism
Nathan's prayer requests:
2. A blessing for Bible study and summer activities through the summer and for a restorative time of rest.
3. Prayer for financial provision for this fiscal year with ministry support.
4. For students to be reached and discipled even with everything online for the foreseeable future.
The Elders at Simi Community Church are blessed to be a part of many amazing ministries. Below is a list of the ministries, within the church, that an elder is assigned. If you have any questions, or would like to get more information about serving, please feel free to contact the Elders at firstname.lastname@example.org or the church office at 805-536-8075.
2020 SCC Ministry Area Assignments
|Elder||Ministry Area||Ministry Leader||Comments|
|Walt||Local Outreach||Vacant||Storehouse: Dave & Kim Laury|
|Nominating Committee||Dyan Hall||Committee members: Steve Eklund & Mark Rains|
|Jeff||Women’s Ministry||Penny Templeton|
|Kirby||Guest Services||Steve Eklund|
|Kirby||Congregational Care||Marie Gray|
|Tyler||Children||Vacant*||Includes 3rd – 5th grade Camp|
|Tyler||AWANA||George Grap & Tamara Lott|
|Kevin||Youth||Vacant*||Middle School – High School, College|
|Dave||Stewardship||Jamey Hall||Treasurer- Greg Eklund|
|Dave||Buildings & Grounds||Colette Lovo|
|Dave||Building Project||Colette Lovo||Focus Builders under Contract|
|Jeff||Men’s Ministry||Jamey Hall|
|Dwight||Operations, Security Administration||John Nicholas*|
|Dave||Benevolent Fund Requests||Elder Board||Amanda will reach out to Dwight and Kirby for approvals|
|Jeff||Growth||Ministry Leaders||Discipleship & Community Groups|
|Dave||Preschool||Lilly Camacho*||Steve Malinowski billing support|
* Persons are currently staff members.
We have an opportunity to help our friends at the Samaritan Center, and it's super easy!
1. Someone will gather all the necessary items for the lunches
2. On your doorstep, they will drop everything you need to make 30 lunches
3. You build the lunches
4. You drop them by 8:45 am to the Samaritan Center on your designated day or 2 pm the day before. (If you are unable, or it just isn't wise for you during this time, feel free to reach out to us and another member of our church can help with this part!)
We have families who have stepped up for this week, but we would love to see our whole church get involved!
Please reach out to Penny Templeton or us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Use the link below to sign up!
The death and resurrection of Jesus represent the most generous gift ever given – when the King of Glory gave up everything in order to reconcile us to God. Giving cheerfully, sacrificially, and consistently is a part of our worship. When we are generous with others, we remind one another of the great generosity of our God. If you would like to make a one-time gift or set up recurring automatic giving online please follow the link below. Thank you for your generosity and commitment to Simi Community Church.
Join us for services online!