Chris and Terri Chapman
Chris – Administrative support for GEM
Terri – Director for the Global Sign Languages Team
Both - Sign language Bible translation work—partnering with SIL as a part of the Global Sign Languages Team
- Currently there is a critical funding issue with two funding organizations that are the main contributors to our sign language projects. Please pray for these issues to be resolved soon.
- Pray that we can work well with our partner organizations in accomplishing the goal of reaching the Deaf for Christ.
- Pray for efforts in Scripture Engagement. Our purpose is not just translation but more importantly that the Deaf will engage in the Scriptures for themselves.
- Praise the Lord for many new potential workers who are progressing toward joining our worldwide team. Pray that the Lord will direct their paths and that they would be placed in the most strategic roles where they can contribute their gifts and abilities to further the efforts to reach many Deaf with the Gospel.
- Pray for the projects and staff that are being affected by political issues as well as the Coronavirus.
- Personally, pray that this year will be better and smoother than 2019. We had many difficulties - deaths in family and major accident.
The Elders at Simi Community Church are blessed to be a part of many amazing ministries. Below is a list of the ministries, within the church, that an elder is assigned. If you have any questions, or would like to get more information about serving, please feel free to contact the Elders at email@example.com or the church office at 805-536-8075.
2020 SCC Ministry Area Assignments
|Elder||Ministry Area||Ministry Leader||Comments|
|Walt||Local Outreach||Vacant||Storehouse: Dave & Kim Laury|
|Nominating Committee||Dyan Hall||Committee members: Steve Eklund & Mark Rains|
|Jeff||Women’s Ministry||Penny Templeton|
|Kirby||Guest Services||Steve Eklund|
|Kirby||Congregational Care||Marie Gray|
|Tyler||Children||Patience Reinecke*||Includes 3rd – 5th grade Camp|
|Tyler||AWANA||George Grap & Tamara Lott|
|Kevin||Youth||Vacant*||Middle School – High School, College|
|Dave||Stewardship||Jamey Hall||Treasurer- Greg Eklund|
|Dave||Buildings & Grounds||Colette Lovo|
|Dave||Building Project||Colette Lovo||Focus Builders under Contract|
|Jeff||Men’s Ministry||Jamey Hall|
|Dwight||Operations, Security Administration||John Nicholas*|
|Dave||Benevolent Fund Requests||Elder Board||Amanda will reach out to Dwight and Kirby for approvals|
|Jeff||Growth||Ministry Leaders||Discipleship & Community Groups|
|Dave||Preschool||Lilly Camacho*||Steve Malinowski billing support|
* Persons are currently staff members.
We have an opportunity to help our friends at the Samaritan Center, and it's super easy!
1. Someone will pick up all the necessary items for lunch from the Samaritan Center.
2. On your doorstep, they will drop everything you need to make 20 lunches
3. You build the lunches
4. You drop them by 9 am to the Samaritan Center on your designated day. (If you are unable, or it just isn't wise for you during this time, feel free to reach out to us and another member of our church can help with this part!)
We have families who have stepped up for this week, but we would love to see our whole church get involved!
Please reach out to Penny Templeton or us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Use the link below to sign up!
Have you heard of our Potluck Sundays? Have you wanted to attend but weren't invited? Well, today's the day! Please plan to join us at an upcoming Potluck Sunday! And, if you would like to be a hostess for future Potluck Sundays, please click the link below so we can get you connected to serve and fellowship.
Join the Ladies of Simi Community for lunch, every third Friday of the month at 11:30am.
4/17/20 - Chili's
5/15/20 - Don Cuco's
6/19/20 - Eggs N Things
7/17/20 - Black Bear Diner
8/21/20 - Macaroni Grill
Congregational Care is a wonderful ministry that walks alongside people during difficult times. It offers encouragement, support and helps people with their needs. They are looking for volunteers with all different skills. Please contact Marie Gray at email@example.com or click the link below to fill out the form if you would be interested in volunteering for this impactful ministry.
Please bring USED stamps (cut out with a 1/4" perimeter) and box tops to the church office or the Welcome Center booth. This will help raise funds for Tecate Missions. Tecate Missions International works to evangelize to the lost, train nationals, and plant churches.
The death and resurrection of Jesus represent the most generous gift ever given – when the King of Glory gave up everything in order to reconcile us to God. Giving cheerfully, sacrificially, and consistently is a part of our worship. When we are generous with others, we remind one another of the great generosity of our God. If you would like to make a one-time gift or set up recurring automatic giving online please follow the link below. Thank you for your generosity and commitment to Simi Community Church.
Join us for services online!